Domestic Concrete and Driveways
We are experienced in many different types of domestic and residential concrete work.
These include steps, footpaths, driveways house slabs and all types of decorative concrete stamping.
Lets look at different types of Domestic Concrete
Typically, most residential homes will require house slabs or concrete driveways to be laid.
Paths around houses, and a standard driveway will often need at least some excavation and sub-base additions. Crushed rock or gravel is laid down and then compacted, before the concrete is poured. This preparation process is crucial for a good finish, and also long lasting, durable concrete.
Most often, 25MPA ready mix concrete mix will be more than suitable for your domestic concrete work. Otherwise if your project is more specialized or needs to take heavier loads, the MPA may need to be increased for a stronger strength.
In driveways for example, we commonly use the following types of concrete:
- Plain Concrete – The cheapest and easiest type to work with and finish, as it needs much less work than other types.
- Coloured Concrete – Charcoal – The usual amount to colour a cubic meter is 1 BAG.
- Black Concrete – Black – Usually needs 2 BAGS per cubic meter for even colour.
- Exposed Aggregate (Midway, Broadway & Frame, Mentone, Hy-tec)
- For specific colours, our suppliers have a full range available.
Now after the specific type of concrete needed has been selected, you can start on the overall design. Is it a dig out/knock down job? New house with a new driveway? We strongly recommend you look around for real-life examples of what you might be after as well.
Overall, the size of the job, what the pump access is like, if steel is required for reinforcing all come into the pricing. Concreters Perth always strive to deliver top quality work, so please keep these extra factors in mind when it comes to quoting.